Of course you’ve heard about hypnosis, but you might be surprised to find out that there is more to it than what you think! It isn’t some mysterious spell cast upon you to make you do crazy things. What it does is to help you tap into the power of your subconscious mind through focused attention. Hypnosis digs deep into what is already there so that you can understand how to live a more fulfilling and happier life. A trained hypnotherapist can help you eliminate behaviors or negative mindsets that muddle and complicate your life. Check out these 11 things you might not know about hypnosis!
Hypnosis Is a Positive Process
1. Hypnosis is effective: Have you been trying to change your life without success? So many people have this problem! Hypnosis is powerfully effective because it stimulates your subconscious mind, allowing you to explore the emotions and memories that affect your life.
2. Hypnosis is a natural state of mind: What most people don’t understand is that they’ve almost certainly already experienced a hypnotic state, naturally. This can happen when you are engaged in pleasurable activities, such as listening to music or reading a book, and you lose all sense of time and, sometimes, space.
3. Hypnosis is a conscious state: In a natural state of hypnosis, you are often alert, but highly focused on whatever it is that put you in that state. Guided hypnosis isn’t much different! You remain conscious throughout the session; otherwise, you won’t hold on to the important stuff you discover.
4. Hypnosis allows you to maintain control: So many people believe that they have no control when they are under hypnosis. I think this is the biggest misconception out there! You are never hypnotized against your will, and your hypnotist won’t make you do anything. You retain control over your actions while you are guided through a deep state of awareness.
5. Hypnosis happens below the conscious level of thought: You achieve powerful insights when you delve into the depths of the subconscious mind. Hypnosis wakes you up to things that you were not conscious of before.
6. Hypnosis is a heightened state of awareness: There are many different ways to experience hypnosis. Your experience won’t necessarily be the same as anyone else’s. Some people say that it makes them feel grounded, but others report that they feel like they are floating. The feelings you experience depend on how sensitive you are to the process.
7. Hypnosis is not a sleep state: Hypnosis brings about a state of focused attention and alertness that leaves you open to positive suggestion. While you may be relaxed during your session, you are not likely to start snoring away your time!
8. Hypnosis is fast working: Life often teaches us to fear a lot of stuff, without us ever realizing it. With hypnosis, your brain learns new ways to respond to old patterns of behavior or ideas, including your fears. Hypnosis also helps you incorporate these new patterns quickly because you aren’t constantly fighting against yourself.
9. Hypnosis is effective for almost all issues: Hypnosis helps with a wide spectrum of issues: healing past experiences, relieving pain, managing grief, increasing motivation, eliminating fears and prompting spiritual growth. Hypnosis can lead to a sense of calm and a positive perspective.
10. Hypnosis is a powerful practice to help you live your best life: Hypnosis helps you access your inner power. You can learn the art of self-hypnosis, and practice it on a daily basis to become your best self.
11. Hypnosis works for everyone: You can be hypnotized if you are willing to follow the hypnotist’s instructions and are open to the power of suggestion. The good news is that everyone can be hypnotized!
Wise Mama Mindset is here to help you make positive change. You can re-adapt your mindset and live the life you want.